For our ALIENS / PROMETHEUS party themed episode of Maybe Wil Wheaton Will Show Up, we cooked up a batch of Alien cupcakes to resemble how the aliens burst out of people’s stomachs with runny blood frosting. These were a big hit at our Aliens party. Mmmm, appetizing AND morbid.
Eggs, vegetable oil, whatever it says on the back of your particular cake mix box
Red food coloring
- Bake the cupcakes by following the directions on the back of your yellow cake batter box (or however you usually make cupcakes if you bake from scratch).
- When the cupcakes are done baking, allow them to cool slightly, then use a fork to make an indentation in the center of the cupcake.
- Stick half of the gummy worm into the indentation so that the other half is sticking out like the alien.
- Make royal icing by mixing in a small bowl the powdered sugar, milk, and red food coloring. WARNING: Add milk VERY gradually as it will easily become too runny.
- Drizzle the red icing on in a blood pattern and enjoy!
For further instruction, watch us make them and other ideas for a Prometheus / Alien themed party in the video below: