- 1 can of corn (creamed corn style preferred)
- 1 cup crushed crackers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Lots of oil (for deep frying)
- Mix the egg, corn, sugar, baking powder, and crackers in a large bowl. If you used regular corn instead of creamed corn, you may need to add some flour or extra crushed crackers to help the batter consistency.
- Heat up a large amount of oil in a pot or deep fryer, and make it very hot. BE CAREFUL. When deep frying any dish, hot oil tends to splash everywhere, “Every time!” Scoop into a round spoon like a teaspoon (if you want the round shape) and deep fry. Flip over to the other side when done (about 1 minute each side).
- When cornballs are done frying, place them on a paper towel to dry and cool down. Then, eat and enjoy!
Watch how to make these and other Arrested Development themed party ideas in the video below: